As the restrictions have now been lifted, our highest priority is the safety and well-being of both our guests and staff. We are very aware that there whilst the future is looking more positive, there may be some bumps in the road to life returning to a new normal.
We will be continuing to keep our Covid measures in place throughout the pub and hotel rooms, to do our part to help control the spread of the virus for the foreseeable future.
Our staff will continue to wear face coverings for their and guests safety. Socially distanced tables and our under cover, heated outdoor areas will remain.
With the arrival of Summer, we have beautiful gardens to dine or enjoy a drink.
We will be relax the rule of 6 indoors where we have availability.
Extra cleaning regimes continue for all areas with hand sanitiser available throughout. NHS Track & Trace check ins will still be available for guests that wish to check in. It will no longer be mandatory for guests to provide contact details or wear a face covering indoors.
We do ask that if you have tested positive or someone you have been in close contact with has tested positive for Coronavirus, you delay your visit.
At this time everyone will be moving at different paces as we ease out of lockdown and we want to keep things moving forward, so we would appreciate it so much if you could help us by being as considerate as possible to other guests and our teams over the coming months.
01. Put all your kebab ingredients into a bowl and use your clean hands to mix everything together really well. Cover with clingfilm, and then pop into the fridge for 30 minutes.
02. I have used rosemary stalks as my skewers, you can pick up fresh rosemary in supermarkets, and it gives the meat great depth of flavour. Or If using wooden skewers, soak them in a tray of water to stop them burning while the pork is marinating.
03. Preheat the BBQ or use a griddle pan or grill if the weather is bad. Thread the skewers through the marinated pork pieces. Cook the kebabs on the steaming hot griddle or grill for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally until done on all sides. I also put some lemon halves next to the souvlaki, as they roast and steam squeeze some of the caramelized lemon juice over them.
04. Warm your flatbreads or pitta breads in the oven or on the BBQ while your kebabs are cooking.
05. Serve with a classic Greek salad and tzatziki for an epic crowd pleaser. Perfect on a summers evening and goes especially well with a few beers or crisp white wine.