As the restrictions have now been lifted, our highest priority is the safety and well-being of both our guests and staff. We are very aware that there whilst the future is looking more positive, there may be some bumps in the road to life returning to a new normal.
We will be continuing to keep our Covid measures in place throughout the pub and hotel rooms, to do our part to help control the spread of the virus for the foreseeable future.
Our staff will continue to wear face coverings for their and guests safety. Socially distanced tables and our under cover, heated outdoor areas will remain.
With the arrival of Summer, we have beautiful gardens to dine or enjoy a drink.
We will be relax the rule of 6 indoors where we have availability.
Extra cleaning regimes continue for all areas with hand sanitiser available throughout. NHS Track & Trace check ins will still be available for guests that wish to check in. It will no longer be mandatory for guests to provide contact details or wear a face covering indoors.
We do ask that if you have tested positive or someone you have been in close contact with has tested positive for Coronavirus, you delay your visit.
At this time everyone will be moving at different paces as we ease out of lockdown and we want to keep things moving forward, so we would appreciate it so much if you could help us by being as considerate as possible to other guests and our teams over the coming months.
Serve like this or with a handful of dressed rocket and enjoy.
01. Roughly dice the butternut squash into roughly 2cm cubes. The squash doesn’t have to be peeled, just take out the seeds, I find the skin gives it a bit more texture but you can peel if you want.
02. Put in a roasting tray with the chilli flakes, 4 crushed garlic cloves, the stalks of the sage (not leaves), salt, pepper and olive oil, then give it a good mix. Roast for 25-35mins at 180C until just tender.
03. Break up the blue cheese into little pieces.
04. Make a honey dressing by mixing the honey, lemon and olive oil together, then season.
05. Remove the squash from the oven and leave for 5 minutes before straining any excess cooking juices into the honey dressing.
06. Slice the focaccia (or any bread will do the job), grill or toast for a minute on each side, then rub with a peeled clove of garlic on one side.
07. Mix the squash, blue cheese, walnut halves, dressing and a few sage or mint leaves together then place on top.