It is with a heavy heart that we have made the difficult decision to close our doors, as of Friday 20th March. Our priority has always been the health and wellbeing of both our staff and our customers, as we do what we can to stem the spread of the virus.
While these events are uncertain and unpredictable, this does not affect our determination to re-open, hopefully in the not so distant future.
Please stay in touch and up to date with any news and inspiration from The Litton on our social channels and via email.
For now, thank you from all of the team for your support and we send all our love to you.
Serve like this or with a handful of dressed rocket and enjoy.
01. Roughly dice the butternut squash into roughly 2cm cubes. The squash doesn’t have to be peeled, just take out the seeds, I find the skin gives it a bit more texture but you can peel if you want.
02. Put in a roasting tray with the chilli flakes, 4 crushed garlic cloves, the stalks of the sage (not leaves), salt, pepper and olive oil, then give it a good mix. Roast for 25-35mins at 180C until just tender.
03. Break up the blue cheese into little pieces.
04. Make a honey dressing by mixing the honey, lemon and olive oil together, then season.
05. Remove the squash from the oven and leave for 5 minutes before straining any excess cooking juices into the honey dressing.
06. Slice the focaccia (or any bread will do the job), grill or toast for a minute on each side, then rub with a peeled clove of garlic on one side.
07. Mix the squash, blue cheese, walnut halves, dressing and a few sage or mint leaves together then place on top.