Serve like this or with a handful of dressed rocket and enjoy.
01. Roughly dice the butternut squash into roughly 2cm cubes. The squash doesn’t have to be peeled, just take out the seeds, I find the skin gives it a bit more texture but you can peel if you want.
02. Put in a roasting tray with the chilli flakes, 4 crushed garlic cloves, the stalks of the sage (not leaves), salt, pepper and olive oil, then give it a good mix. Roast for 25-35mins at 180C until just tender.
03. Break up the blue cheese into little pieces.
04. Make a honey dressing by mixing the honey, lemon and olive oil together, then season.
05. Remove the squash from the oven and leave for 5 minutes before straining any excess cooking juices into the honey dressing.
06. Slice the focaccia (or any bread will do the job), grill or toast for a minute on each side, then rub with a peeled clove of garlic on one side.
07. Mix the squash, blue cheese, walnut halves, dressing and a few sage or mint leaves together then place on top.