As the restrictions have now been lifted, our highest priority is the safety and well-being of both our guests and staff. We are very aware that there whilst the future is looking more positive, there may be some bumps in the road to life returning to a new normal.
We will be continuing to keep our Covid measures in place throughout the pub and hotel rooms, to do our part to help control the spread of the virus for the foreseeable future.
Our staff will continue to wear face coverings for their and guests safety. Socially distanced tables and our under cover, heated outdoor areas will remain.
With the arrival of Summer, we have beautiful gardens to dine or enjoy a drink.
We will be relax the rule of 6 indoors where we have availability.
Extra cleaning regimes continue for all areas with hand sanitiser available throughout. NHS Track & Trace check ins will still be available for guests that wish to check in. It will no longer be mandatory for guests to provide contact details or wear a face covering indoors.
We do ask that if you have tested positive or someone you have been in close contact with has tested positive for Coronavirus, you delay your visit.
At this time everyone will be moving at different paces as we ease out of lockdown and we want to keep things moving forward, so we would appreciate it so much if you could help us by being as considerate as possible to other guests and our teams over the coming months.
01. Note from Head Chef Ryan: Caramelised white chocolate is a favourite of mine, a deep roasted flavour but maintaining the sweetness and smooth chocolate qualities. For such an interesting taste it is surprisingly simple to make.
At room temperature the caramelised white chocolate will be solid and can be stored in a airtight jar for 2 months. Sprinkle it on ice cream, cakes, poached fruits (pears, apples) or melt it and re-set it into a pastry case for a tart.
02. Preheat oven 120C
03. Break up the chocolate (any amount) into even chunks onto a silicone mat or baking parchment and place it in the hot oven for 30-60 minutes
04. Take it out and fold it over every 5-8 mins, then when it has caramelised and resembles crumble leave it to cool and harden
05. Boil the cream, pour over the white chocolate and stir until melted and smooth
06. Add the eggs and salt to the mixture then pour into the pastry case and bake for 20-25mins at 180C